Saturday, January 12, 2013

My Super-Awesome, Glorious, Magnificent Drive to Work

It's the little things that count.  We must learn to see them and revel in their beauty.

Beauty shows itself to us every day.  If we cannot see it, the fault lies in us.

Side note: I recently saw the movie The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.  It is a supremely elegant illustration of this statement and the best movie I have seen in a few years.  I highly recommend it.  But I digress...

Recently on a bitter-cold January morning (bitter-cold for Cali is around 42°) I was cursing the cold away and wishing for Spring as I pulled out of the drive and headed to work.  Winter is not yet a month old and I am wishing for warmer weather (which is WHY I live in Cali).

There is a worn white fence around a corner house I pass daily on my way to work that is annually decorated by an explosion of orange poppies in the spring.  More than once those poppies have demanded that I stop and enjoy their silent riot.

Nice, right?  April Fools Day ~ 2011
So anyway, there I am driving along one bleak, cold, gray January morning last week and as I passed the white-fenced house wishing for Spring, do you know what I saw?  A single poppy face in a hazardous shade of orange.  I mean it was traffic-stopping orange in a sea of gray sidewalk, gray street, gray sky - even the white fence looked gray that particular morning.

What a glorious promise of Spring!  For the rest of the day, my mood was as sunny as the summer solstice.  The vision of the orange poppy shining bright through the gray cheered me every time I thought about it, so I thought about it often!  I milked that poppy for all it was worth, and it has been worth a lot!  For over a week that single happy thought has helped my vibration hum happily along in sync with the Source within me.

We gotta grab those happy moments and use them to practice a vibration of allowing! 

Esther Hicks' book, Ask and It is Given, calls this process Virtual Reality.  It helps me practice a vibration of allowing which allows the Law of Attraction to bring more positive experiences into my life.

Because when I vibrate in alignment with my Source: I become the orange poppy on a gray day.

Stay shiny!

~ Cyndi
Practicing Happiness Daily

3 comments:

  1. Love ma Cyndi - Aloha - this is so gorgeous - just like you. If I shine any brighter, I'll have to pass out sunglasses to everyone I meet!! lol...Mahalo...
    Love, Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mahalo Jill! Your enthusiasm is always appreciated!

      Delete
  2. Great point - live in the moment and actually see the beauty of the here and now! I too love flowers and look forward to seeing my first spring flower! Most likely a dandilion! LOL! You always inspire me sissy!

    ReplyDelete