Saturday, January 28, 2012

Think giddy thoughts chronically!

My Sister recently had what felt like a setback to her.  She was let go from her job of 14 years (for bogus, made-up reasons because her bosses were too spineless to speak truth!  But I digress...).

She took care of the essentials, filed for unemployment, reinvested IRA funds, applied for jobs open in her field (she was offered two!) and all the rest.  Then she lost momentum and began to feel a bit down.  I reminded her that I once lost a job I loved and was devastated at the time.  Looking back now, however, we can both see why it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I told her to visualize the perfect job in the perfect place with the perfect salary.  I told her to really LOOK at that picture in her mind and hold it close to her heart.  Law of Attraction will bring what we focus on!

She described her vision to me.  I was surprised and delighted that the vision she described was a complete departure from her current career.  She wants to venture down an avenue that carries far less stress than her current career, something that doesn't require her advanced education, something that allows her to work from home.  She would be doing something she loves doing even when she is not being paid to do it.

She had already researched the field and found that the salary can be close to what she currently earns.  She was full of ideas and excited about different creative avenues that would spring organically from this new position she was dreaming for herself.  I got excited listening to her!  She said it made her giddy to think of it and I told her to just keep thinking it!

In the span of time it took to describe this vision to me, she went from feeling "blah" to feeling giddy!

Now, these are not the two careers we are discussing, but it would be similar to her being a lawyer and deciding to open a bed and breakfast because she loves having house guests.  So she asked me if I thought she was crazy.  

No way!  I have complete faith in her.  I can already see her catering to her guests' every need with a spring in her step, joy in her heart and an abundant income.  I will never doubt her success.

I cannot think of a single better reason to think thoughts than to improve your emotional state.  So I just blogged this to say that I am completely in favor of thinking giddy thoughts chronically.

Now go think giddy thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Sister, you put that very well! You got me to thinking happy all over again! I love you and will talk to you later~!

    ReplyDelete