Sunday, April 1, 2012

From Outside the Vortex

I am writing to you today from outside my vortex.  There.  You've been warned.  Don't blame me if you continue reading.

Cranky would be putting mildly.  Just feeling "off" about everything today and yelling at my house mates does not seem to be helping!

Usually there is a portal to the vortex in my shower, but apparently some fool has moved it or hidden it from me because it wasn't there this morning.  I want someone to do something REALLY nice for me to cheer me up.  Then I remember that my mood is up to me.

Well aren't I just screwed.

So here I am outside the vortex.  At least I know now that I won't be outside the vortex forever.  I'll find a happy thought eventually, I just have to stop being angry about being out of the vortex and look at something that ISN'T pissing me off.  I get so used to feeling good all the time that when I'm NOT feeling really good, it feels just awful.

I can hear Esther's voice saying something like: When you're outside the vortex, don't beat up on yourself.  You know how to get back in and you will.  But until you do, just don't be around people!  Be easy with yourself and look for general things that you can feel good about. (If you don't know Esther or what the heck a vortex is, check the link: AbrahamHicks.com)

When I leave the house to drive to the office, I am determined to look for things that cheer me up.  The sunshine helped considerably.  Poppies in bloom all over Vallejo were bright happy thoughts everywhere.  A couple of bright red maples joined my cheering committee along with some rambunctious purple ice plant.  All of them beneath a white-pillowed blue sky and bathed or backlit in golden sunshine.

A song came on about riding a white horse.  I think it's actually about doing heroin, but it had a wicked beat that raised my mood more the louder I turned the volume. Did a wild mental dance to the song while I was driving.  That helped, too.

You know what?  Things are pretty good.  What was I so mopey about?  My cluttered mind was telling me a bunch of stupid things, and I was LISTENING again.  Jeez!

A couple of weeks ago, my friends Jill and Melanie co-created an affirmation with me.  Since it really sums up how I feel today, it seems the perfect time to share it with the world.


Well, I certainly feel better.  

~ Cyndi 
Trying to Practice Happiness Daily...

I deserve to feel amazing and healthy and relaxed and happy and vibrant every day of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Sister,

    So glad your back in the vortex and not still crabby! You write so well! I love reading your blog!

    Me

    ReplyDelete