Sunday, May 13, 2012

Finding Balance Brings Joy

I have a habit of falling in love with books and wanting everyone I know to read them too.  Here is the newest title on my "Oh my God you have to read this!" list:


Being in Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires
by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

From the minute I laid my fingers on this book I knew it was special.  The hardcover is supple and inviting.  The pages are many colors and adorned with pretty butterflies.  It makes me happy just to hold it!  Skip the Kindle edition on this one.

Besides being a work of art that pleases the senses, Being in Balance is an inspirational work that feeds the spirit.  Whether your "issue" is being misunderstood, ill-health, financial scarcity, loveless relationship, no relationship, addiction, overweight, fear, lack of faith, low self-esteem or distorted self-image, Dr. Dyer has a short concise, uplifting chapter to help you change your habits and bring your life into balance.

"You Can't Discover Light by Analyzing the Darkness" is the title of the chapter on "balancing your desire for prosperity with your habits of scarcity."  In it Dyer explains why "Scarcity isn't a problem because of where you were born or what your parents accumulated or the state of the economy."  He advocates a shift in thinking that can make a huge difference.  (Complete table of contents here.)

It's our habits of thought that define the life we lead.  If we are not happy in some aspect of the life we are leading, it is imperative to change our thought habits.  Let me state that again, because it sounds so simple.  If we do not enjoy what we are living, all we need do is change our thinking.

The book is beautiful and uplifting.  It inspires us to dream the life we deserve.

~ Cyndi 
Practicing Happiness Daily

You deserve to feel amazing and healthy and relaxed and happy and vibrant every day of your life.

2 comments:

  1. Cyndi, what a powerful blog post - I thoroughly enjoyed reading. You are a fantastic reviewer of books, I must say. I appreciate your being such a creative wordsmith. Yes, our Wayne is truly a gift from God, JUST LIKE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wayne is a gift. Can't believe I never read him before. Thanks!

      Delete