Monday, May 28, 2012

Take Your Joy Where You Find it ~ Then Savor It!

If it makes you happy, hang on to it!  Whatever "it" is, if it makes you happy, savor it like the delightful morsel it is!  Take your joy where you find it.  Collect joyful moments or thoughts and keep them somewhere where you can look at them often.

My friend Carol is a fan of Abraham-Hicks and was inspired to create this quote that makes us both happy:


She shared it with me and I threw it on a photo and added it to the collection I look at each day.  My collection grows ever larger because I am constantly looking for thoughts that make me happy.

I found the next one posted on a social media page.  It was a plain black square with pixelated white words.  I kept that crappy little gif on my desktop for weeks and looked at it often because it lifted my spirits every time!  Now I've made it awesome:


These are not my own words.  These affirmations will never grace the pages of my book.  But they are bits of joy I keep on hand to remind me that joy is an option I can choose every day.  Or to lift me on days when I have forgotten I have the power to choose joy.

My friend Melanie took this photo in Bermuda:


Melanie is a prime example of choosing joy.  Her life inspired the affirmation I added to her photo.  She has wanted to be a dolphin trainer since before I met her. Years of training and schooling on top of her 40-hour commuter, computer job led her to adventure in January of this year when she left her home and her pets behind for an 18-week internship at Dolphin Quest inside the National Museum of Bermuda.

Her husband was wonderfully supportive staying behind with their home and his work and visiting a few times while she lived the adventure she had dreamed.  Melanie has another internship lined up for late summer (husband and pets will be happily in tow) and is applying for work in her new career.

Marley & Melanie

She has graciously allowed me to share this joy-filled photo.  Marley was one of the seven female dolphins she worked with at Dolphin Quest.

This is Melanie's adventure, but I absolutely thrive on the joy of it!  That's why it's in my toolbox with the others.  I create joy wherever I can.  I treasure the joy others create.  I hold those joys in my heart.  When I focus on the joys steadily, I watch more and more joy being attracted into my life!

We absolutely must savor the joy wherever we find it.

~ Cyndi 
Practicing Happiness Daily

You deserve to feel amazing and healthy and relaxed and happy and vibrant every day of your life.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, that's me! Thanks, Cyndi. You are awesome. Life IS a grand adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS you looking amazing with your finned friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndi & Melanie - love all of this JOY in ABUNDANCE!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete