Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Where I Am

I am so happy that I am where I am.  I know my own worth now, and that's everything!

I used to doubt.  I used to worry what others thought or how they treated me.  Now I understand that anything that another person does is NO reflection on me, only on themselves.  Whatever they do or say is about them, not me.  How I treat myself is far more important than how others treat me, for they will follow my lead.  What I do and say are reflections of what I think, and I am learning to be very particular about what I think!

I used to think thoughts like, "I am worthless and unloved" and other equivalently self-hurtful and incorrect statements.  It wasn't even that I believed they were true most of the time.  Those thoughts were an indicator of my disconnection from Source, I just didn't know it at the time.

Now when I hear my friends voicing similar incorrect and self-hurtful thoughts I want to help them understand the same thing.  If we are thinking thoughts that manifest negative emotions, those thoughts are contrary to what we know to be true at our core.  Our core is pure positive energy - an extension of Source energy, the energy that creates worlds.  The energy that creates worlds is flowing through us at all times, unless we pinch ourselves off from that flow by thinking thoughts that manifest negative emotions.

If we find ourselves drowning in negative emotions, we have become disconnected from Source, or God. Nothing is more important than finding our way back to that connection with Source.  Nothing!

If we find ourselves in that place of disconnection, as we will because we are human, the quickest way to reconnect is the gratitude list!  If we are focusing our thoughts on things we love and appreciate and feel grateful for, we cannot feel sorry for ourselves in the same moment!

The very instant my thoughts stray to "that irritant" (be it job, kids, ex-spouse, health, politics, whatever the current irritant may be) in my life, I pull back from the irritant like a hot flame and refocus on things I love and things that make me happy.  I try to focus on positive thoughts all the time.  Period.  It just feels better.

If you are currently being swallowed by negative emotions, it shouldn't take long to prove that it feels better.  Focus on something you adore for just 5 minutes and prove to yourself that you do feel better!


Source is, well, the Source of all well-being.  We are all well beings that come from Source.  Wellness and abundance flow into our lives daily unless we pinch ourselves off from the Source of well-being.  Faith takes daily practice, but we are worth the effort.

I am so happy I know that now!

~ Cyndi 
Practicing Happiness Daily

You deserve to feel amazing and healthy and relaxed and happy and vibrant every day of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment