Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Practice Makes Progress


I love my life!  It's perfect just the way it is with all its complications and challenges and joys and abundant opportunities.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  

Last night I experienced a huge letdown.  For a week I had been excited about a trip to Cancun that was in the early planning stages.  Early stages.  It had only been announced June 18.  I thought about it all week.  I was delighted each time it came to mind.  I savored it until it felt already real to me.  Thinking about it made me so happy that I decided to make the financial commitment - a really big decision that I made even more quickly than I had anticipated.  But when I called to book the trip, I found they had sold out!  In a week!  An entire resort for next April!  

I felt like the wind had been kicked out of me.  I never dreamed it would sell so fast.

Now, the six-day trip in question includes a four-day seminar with Esther Hicks on the art of enjoying life more by practicing the art of positive thinking.  Since I started practicing the art of positive thinking two and a half years ago, I do enjoy my life more.  More all the time.  I enjoy life exponentially more now than I did before I heard of Esther.  A source of great joy for me suddenly felt a source of great disappointment.  

But I didn't feel that way for long.  I distracted myself by watching some mindless and mildly entertaining TV.  I consoled myself with the fact that I could call and put myself on the wait list.  Most importantly I reminded myself that everything is working out for my highest good.  If I don't go to Cancun, it's because the Universe knows I'll like something else much more!

Practicing positive thinking doesn't mean I'll get happy and stay happy and live happy forevermore.  All lives have challenges and disappointments and uncomfortable experiences.  I used to let these things knock the wind out of my sails and make me unhappy for days on end.  

The important thing is knowing how to navigate myself back to happy from life's little detours in a fairly short amount of time.  

And that's just what I did.  The more I practice, the better I get at this.  I'm on the wait list for Cancun.  I have no doubt that next April, Jeremy and I will be spending an amazing, uplifting week in Mexico with Esther and Abraham and a whole bunch of happy people enjoying divine weather, enchanted evenings, stunning beaches and magnificent rendezvous.  


Oh!  I better get a passport...

~ Cyndi 
Practicing Happiness Daily

You deserve to feel amazing and healthy and relaxed and happy and vibrant every day of your life.

P.S. ~ Update on June 30 - I saw Esther Hicks' streaming broadcast this morning and she said the Cancun trip sold out in 4 days!  BUT - they are currently in negotiations to rent out a second and possibly a third resort hotel for the event!  I am going to Cancun!!


2 comments:

  1. Having faith that things will for your best insterest is not always easy. Yet does make for a happier you, and after all, isn't life about being happy as you navigate through? I love the way you stated the entire event. What is meant to be will always find a way. April will be amazing for you no matter where you are. I know this cuz you are amazing and "you" will always be with you! P.S. I hope the trip works out for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for commenting. It's the best way for me to know how what I write means for people who tune in and read it. I appreciate you sharing!

    ReplyDelete