Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Express Yourself!

I am so excited!

Some of my favorite photographs have found a new home on a website that is an artist's dream!  Fine Art America is a platform where patrons around the globe can view and purchase YOUR art!  The artist has no overhead.  No printing fees.  No hauling all your originals to art shows all over the country.

FAA made this super simple.  Upload your art.  Tell them how much you want to earn for each piece.  They add their production costs and set the prices.  You arrange your galleries and they present your pieces in a beautiful format that displays your art at its professional best.

The artwork can then be printed in a variety of formats when patrons worldwide place their orders!  I personally have decided to sell enough Yosemite prints and beautiful greeting cards to pay for a trip to my favorite National Park annually.

Here is the link to galleries that contain all of my images:  Cyndi's Art

Rainbow above Mist Trail ~ Yosemite

Here are some links to pages where you may find some of my art listed with the works of other artists:

California Greeting Cards
Landscape Photos
Yosemite Framed Prints
Waterfalls Photos

What a fabulous way for artists to gain a broader audience for their work and get PAID for some of it too!  I uploaded my photos.  They also accept other media, images of paintings and drawings that they will reproduce.  Artists have the option of listing sales prices for originals if they care to sell them.  Print On Demand (POD) is what they call this marvel of the modern computer age and I am head over heels in love with it!

CreateSpace is a similar POD service for authors and filmakers!  I first heard about CreateSpace from my friend, Michael Fox, who published his book with them.  He enjoyed the experience and highly recommends the site. I ultimately did not use them for my book because they did not have a size format suited to my photographs, but I looked into it and CreateSpace is a simple site to use.

I am delighted to say that Michael's book sells very well!  Your CreateSpace account includes an ISBN number for your book and a sales page connected with Amazon.  You can purchase Michael's final product on Amazon.

I also know three people making use of  CDBaby.  CD Baby offers a sales platform to independent recording artists including print on demand CDs.  Isn't this incredible?  Local artists can now get international exposure and CD sales!

Frank Anger is a friend from college.  He has three rock albums on CDBaby.  I was a fan of his the first time I heard It Begins.  It's an awesome project that I have listened to hundreds of times.  His second album, The Second Road To, features a song I co-wrote with him!  Give a listen to Never End.

My friend Teacher Kay is a preschool teacher who recently created an awesome CD of positive affirmations for kids.  This project came out last month and she has already been downloaded internationally!  Go Kay!

Annie Marie is a talented musician and song writer whose friendship I treasure.  Her Tee Fee Swamp Boogie has two CD's on CD Baby.  Her new band, Fiddlin' Around is in the studio now and plans to have new music on CDBaby soon!

I would love to hear from others who are enjoying POD for artists.  Send me an email with links if you'd like to be added to this blog post.

Your artistic soul is calling.  Get out there and express yourself!

But first, go click on my art links and tell me how AWESOME I am!


~ Cyndi

Practicing Happiness Daily <-- Click the new PHD link to go like my new FB fanpage for this blog, my books and my art!

You deserve to feel amazing and healthy and relaxed and happy and vibrant every day of your life.




No comments:

Post a Comment