Friday, March 9, 2012

Beach Day ~ Therapy for the Soul

I am drawn to the rhythm of shorelines like a bee to clover.  The Pacific Ocean is the main reason I will never move back to Iowa.  I need to be within driving distance when She calls.

When I'm out of sorts and need to lift my spirits, a drive to the coast will do the trick.  I was in a wonderful mood when I woke this morning, so the ocean allowed my spirits to soar.

It was absolutely beautiful in Bolinas.  The kind of day that raises my vibration for weeks to come.  Thought I'd share the happiness.  Please enjoy our photographs:


Bolinas Lagoon




Bolinas Beach




Some of the graffiti here is gorgeous!





The surfers were enjoying the beautiful day.




I tried to lure Bosco to get his toes wet, but he was having none of it.



Digging in the sand is awesome ~ most fun ever!


My therapeutic relationship with the ocean has spawned many poems over the years.  If you have any interest in poetry, here are links to some favorite ocean poems I have written:

Ebb & Flow          Communion at Goat Rock Beach          Ocean Love          Sparkle




Driving home through Petaluma we admired this sacred oak.


When I got home, I created two new affirmations:





Maybe I'll put them in my second book!


Then a wonderful thing happened.  I got on my elliptical and ran 10 miles.
It was exhilarating and I can't wait to run again!
But that's a blog for another time...





Living in California: Priceless.



~ Cyndi 
Practicing Happiness Daily


You deserve to feel amazing and healthy and relaxed and happy and vibrant every day of your life.



3 comments:

  1. Wow Cyndi, loved reading this one, for sure (Cancer woman that I am...I love the ocean too - who doesn't???) - & the photos are gorgeous!! I feel like I've been to the ocean, thank you, & I didn't even have to sunscreen or get in my car!!!

    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second the part about living in California. And also the part about the second book! I haven't seen the first one, but I will buy them both! And I think your third edition should be from Bermuda. There is plenty of shoreline here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yowsah!!!!! Love those Photos and captions, Cyndi!!!!!

    The good energy just keeeps f-l-o-w-i-n-g
    (whoosh--sound of a wave breaking)

    ReplyDelete