Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Valentine to Everyone!

Love yourself this Valentine's Day!  The more love you feel for yourself, the more love others feel for you too!  If you have not yet read Feng Shui Your Mind, let this introduction be my Valentine to you!

Feng Shui Your Mind, Four Easy Steps to Rapidly Transform Your Life (FSYM) is one of my all-time favorite books.  It is inspiring and uplifting and, if you let it be, life-transforming.

Jill Lebeau MFT and Maureen Raytis L.Ac. have written what I have come to refer to as "life's little instruction booklet."  This wonderful book lays out a practical four-step process that teaches us to enjoy every moment of our lives to the fullest.  Jill and Maureen teach us to declutter our minds of the thoughts that do not serve us (fear-based thinking).  Then with joy and enthusiasm they teach us how to replace the fear in our lives with faith in our dreams and in ourselves.

I have read books before that told me to have faith, but until FSYM none of them has explained so clearly and concisely how to cultivate and nurture a faith-guided life.


My copy is dog-eared, coffee-stained and highlighted from beginning to end.  I can open it to any page and find something that inspires me.  So I did:

"Faith is the elixir that actualizes our dreams." (FSYM  p. 67)

I continued reading through page 73.  They talk about focusing on the outcome of your dreams and letting go of the "when" and "how" part:  Leave that to the Universe and just believe your dreams ARE coming!  They teach us to use periods of doubt or worry as "training sessions for cultivating faith."  And the real gem in these pages for me is:

"Choosing to infuse our dreams with faith is a daily practice." (FSYM  p. 71)

Simply reading the book won't make it magically happen.  Faith takes practice.  Most of us have practiced living in fear (what if I fail?  what if someone I love gets hurt?  what if they don't like my idea? what if I die in a natural disaster?  what if terrorists attack?  what if I lose my insurance? ...on and on ad nauseum) our whole lives.  Since the rewards of faith are infinite, faith is worth the practice.

You are worth the practice.  You deserve to feel amazing and healthy and relaxed and happy and vibrant every day of your life!  If you are wanting to raise your vibration, add joy to your life and learn to live in faith, then you will love this book!

Buy it from the authors here, or Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

~ Cyndi
Practicing Happiness Daily (That's my PHD!)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Cyndi, Thank you so much for this beautiful review of FSYM!! I loved reading it. When I read it, I was needing the reminder you included about having faith. We all need that reminder from time to time (ie daily!!) Thank you for all that you do to radiate Light & Love in the world (especially mine) ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister,
    You are an amazing woman and I am so glad you gave me this book. You forgot to tell everyone to read page 28! Love you!

    ReplyDelete