Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Life is Good!

Milestone: I took my book to the printer yesterday.  

Daily Inspirations is a photo book with positive affirmations meant to uplift and encourage.

This project began years ago and culminated recently when I realized how influential affirmations really are.  Several years ago I had a therapist who started me in the habit of changing any negative thoughts that came to mind into more positive thoughts by writing the corresponding positive thought on a flash card and practicing it.  That habit left me with seven hand-written flashcards I called my "happy thoughts."  I used to pull them out and read them when I was feeling crappy.

In January 2010 my friend, Annie, introduced me to the work of Esther Hicks.  Esther's work encourages us to look at things from the perspective of unconditional love which leaves no room for doubt or worry.  She offers several processes that help shift our perspective to one that is more in alignment with Source.  The more I learned to shift my thinking, the more flashcards I made to remind myself of my new positive choices.

Spiritual Psychotherapist Extraordinaire, Jill Lebeau MFT introduced me to a phrase that I love: "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change!"  What a great reminder that perspective is everything.  In her book, Feng Shui Your Mind, page 28 directs us to identify our "cluttered thoughts" and then replace them with "decluttered thoughts."  The decluttering process outlined in Jill's book helped me identify even more of my negative thinking and replace it with thoughts that vibrate with pure positive energy!  Since Law of Attraction brings more of what we look at, more and more thoughts began to feel good!

It was when I heard Esther Hicks say on her free introductory CD that meditation and affirmations were the avenues first suggested to her to deepen her connection to Source that I realized the full value of affirmations.  With daily practice I have come to know how wonderfully uplifting they can be.  They are my absolute savior when I experience moments of doubt, or as Pink says, when my "confidence is cracked."

So by last Christmas I had a large stack of source-based affirmations on hand-written flashcards that I was practicing daily.  Around the holidays, my dear friend and sister, Laura, was feeling overwhelmed with challenges.  I wanted to help her change her vibrational set point from one of worry to one of faith. 

Since practicing the affirmations helped me feel really good, I decided to make her a set of my flashcards.  I chose to put the index cards through the printer, so she wouldn't have to try and decipher my handwriting.  But when I printed the single lines on the card they looked a bit, well, underwhelming.  They still felt inspirational, but they looked boring.

So I combined the inspirational affirmations with something else I find inspirational: My landscape photography!

I had been talking to Laura about visualizing the solutions she desired in her life, so I started with this one:



I was delighted at the perfect combination!  I was so excited that I made a set of 52 for her in the next few hours.  I had a blast creating them and Laura loves them!  I spoke to her last night.  Yesterday was her first day in a new job in a new state.  I was so happy to hear how well her day went.  I was delighted when she told me that my cards helped to bolster her positive vibration throughout the day!

Shortly before Christmas, I showed them to Annie, and it was she who suggested the flip book in a size that could easily slip into her purse.

And I took that flip book to the printer yesterday.  So I owe many thanks to Laura, Annie, Jill, Esther-Abraham and so many others for inspiring this work.  I also want to thank Melanie and Kay for being my cheerleaders: Your constant support and encouragement are a blessing.

I love this work because it feels like a gift to me as well as from me!

Life is good and just gets better.



Milestone: 10 years sober today.  Woot!

~ Cyndi 
Practicing Happiness Daily


You deserve to feel amazing and healthy and relaxed and happy and vibrant every day of your life.

5 comments:

  1. YaY! I am very proud of you! I also kept using my cards today at work. I do love them, they lift my mood and make me calmer - you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Affirmations are amazing. I simply allow them to work in my life!

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous Cyndi! Love how you share your journey into living an extraordinary life with everyone & thank you as well for the shout out! Always a blessing to receive your abundant appreciation. Wheeeee!! xo ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always appreciate your abundant support! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post! So happy for you, and excited to read your book when it comes out. Congrats on your milestone. That is amazing!! Life really is good.

    ReplyDelete