Thursday, February 9, 2012

Why Bother?

Let me make this perfectly clear: I do not mean to imply even a little that I am in some way immune to negative thinking.  I am not.  I have been quite prone to negative and reactionary thinking all my life.  The reason I am interested in positive thinking is because I now have experience that has shown me how much better I feel when I chronically think positive thoughts.


Jill Lebeau MFT calls it the cluttered mind and Dr. Marlene Winell describes it as the monster voice.  You know what they mean:  that voice of judgement that shouts things like "worthless and unloved."  It used to hogtie me to the bed and beat me senseless for days on end.  Thanks to Marlene's group and Jill's book, I am learning that positive thinking practices are quite helpful when the monster attacks.  I can usually turn the blackest of my moods within 24 hours now.  That's a BIG improvement.

The thing about Law of Attraction is that it is not selective.  If you are thinking mostly thoughts about things you love and desire - it will bring you things that you love and desire.  If you think mostly about things you are worried about, or afraid of - it brings things about which you are worried or afraid.

The more positive thoughts you think, the more positive thoughts occur to you.  If you are in a negative space, more and more negative thoughts bombard you and confuse your thinking.

Once the negative thoughts begin to collect and draw other negative thoughts, it can avalanche if you allow it.  It takes a concerted effort to switch off the negative flow and retrieve a positive thought stream.  You cannot simply go from negative to blissful - the law of attraction forbids it!  You must shift your vibration in increments.  (See more about this here and here and here.)  If you have not practiced positive thinking, this spiral can feel deadly.

It is challenging because that which I find enlightening and brilliant when I am feeling joyful can be annoying and slightly grating when the cluttered mind gets going.  That is one of the main reasons I write this blog.  While I hope with every fiber of my soul that you or any person, just one, is uplifted and encouraged by my blog, my dominent intent is to train myself into a vibration of positive thinking.

I practice daily.  I spend more time in positive, creative space.  I will continue to share my challenges and inspirations here.  Let me know if any part of it strikes a chord with you.  I appreciate you taking the time to read and share.

~Cyndi

You deserve to feel amazing and healthy and relaxed and happy and vibrant every day of your life.

4 comments:

  1. Cyndi - What a beautiful description this is of our power to master our mind so that we can live a life of adventure & joy!! Love what you wrote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a Splendiforous One.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel more splendiferous every day! Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,
    You so nailed that negative mind part!! It is an ugly monster - now when I start to feel that way I do try and get out my beautiful, joyful thought cards you made me and focus on them to find my inner vibration...

    ReplyDelete